Super Sunday
So today was pretty fun.My Sunday School class and I got to present in front of the church, that was nice. We talked about child soldiers and compassion.
Afterwards my friend, Ben, and I headed off to sailing with the Lasko's (seen on the left). I was actually a little worried about my friends circle colliding because by now, the Lasko's know many stupid stories about me. Ben also knows many stupid stories about me. This is always a bit scary. But not to worry--wonderful day, choppy seas. During the ride, we found out we were being invited for dinner. Not one to say no to a NLD (Nicole Lasko Dinner), we decided to go.
Now the funny thing was we had talked about poker during the dinner. I hadn't thought much about it, and Lasko's mother, Jan, decided she was going to head home. I told Ben, yeah, we should go to. Didn't realize it was still so early and light outside. We said our goodbye's, and while we were driving down the street Ben says, "poker would have been fun". I thought 'hey! Yeah poker would be fun'. So I called Lasko and said, "poker would be fun". Lasko says, "are you turning back?" I was. And there you had it 2 more hours of Laskos and Ben fun, in which we ate more delicious food (with fire and everything), and discussed the politics of flower giving.
Quite an enjoyable evening, thank you for everyone who made it possible.
2 Comments:
You're welcome! I do enjoy fire.
So does your husband. Except you do useful things with fire...he just seems to like playing with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home